[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”2_3″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.85″ background_layout=”light” custom_padding=”20px||0px|”]
Nobody wants to get a tooth pulled. However, at Addison Dental we make the procedure quick and easy, and will make it as pain free as possible. Tooth extractions are one of the biggest fears people have about going to the dentist however, getting your tooth extracted is now a breeze. Addison Dental employs the best methods for tooth extraction so you can rest assured you are receiving the best care.
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_3″][et_pb_image _builder_version=”3.0.85″ src=”http://www.addisondental.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/bigstock-Toothache-Young-Woman-Sufferi-74069245-1-300×225.jpg” show_in_lightbox=”off” url_new_window=”off” use_overlay=”off” always_center_on_mobile=”on” force_fullwidth=”off” show_bottom_space=”on” custom_padding=”||0px|” /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.85″ background_layout=”light” custom_padding=”0px|||”]
There are two different kinds of tooth extraction procedures:
- Basic Extraction: This simple procedure is done in office. After making sure your mouth is numb, our dentists can simply remove your tooth using an elevator and then gently extracting it with forceps. Quick and easy.
- Surgical Extraction: If your tooth has broken off at the gum line, has erupted, or requires more attention an oral surgeon is required. Most time an oral surgeon will make a small incision in your gum line and then remove your tooth. This is often the case with broken teeth or impacted wisdom teeth. Addison Dental will work with you so you can make the best options.
Signs You Need An Extraction
A dentist looking at x-rays and examining your teeth is the best way to determine whether or not you need an extraction. However, there are other signs, that if you are experiencing you should schedule an appointment immediately:
- Chronic Jaw Pain: This is a sign that your molars (wisdom teeth) might be impacted. If you have impacted molars Addison Dental will work with you and go through all your options with you.
- Broken Tooth: A fractured tooth can lead to an open wound which can easily get infected. If you fracture your tooth call us immediately and we can make sure that your gums and mouth stay protected.
- Pain While Chewing: This can be from having a bad dental biting surface. Sometimes this can be remedied with braces or different procedures but an extraction might be necessary.
- Infection: An infected tooth or root might need to be pulled.
- Bleeding Gums: This is a sign of gum disease and should be paid attention to immediately. Just because your gums are bleeding doesn’t mean you need a tooth pulled, but ignoring this can lead to severe tooth decay where it is possible you might need it extracted.
At the end of the day, it is important to get regular check ups from a dentist to avoid having any teeth extracted. If you are experiencing any of these systems or if you are having general pain call Addison Dental today. Our team of trained professionals will ensure that you have the best options and understand all your choices when it comes to your oral health.